Monday, March 14, 2011
Simple Recipe. Throw anythign you want in it from your fridge! Today I have fresh spinach,onions and mushrooms.
Serving size: 5 small slices
Ingredients: 1/2 of a medium sized sweet onion
5 baby bello mushrooms ( or any mushrooms)
5 organic eggs
1 pinch of Salt and Pepper
1 Tablespoon of EVOO
1 teaspoon of cayenne red pepper for spice. ( You can leave out)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Chop onions, mushrooms,spinach and put in skillet over medium heat with Olive oil.
3. Cook until onions are translucent, but not browning.
4. Beat the 5 eggs and then slowly pour into pan.
5. make sure all of the veggies are spread evenly in the pan.
6. Put pan in oven for 10-15 minutes. Depending on oven, it varies. Just make sure that the egg is not runny.
7. When done, Flip it onto a plate and let it cool.
A Frittata is supposed to be eaten at room temperature but if you are hungry like I was I ate it when it was cool enough to eat!
Side note: I had some Chorizo lying around so I put a few slices on top.
Posted by Marisa at 3:27 PM